Saturday, September 14, 2013

Finally....

So, I haven't posted in forever, and, well, I haven't done all that many races this season, but I'm happy to report that I did have a few good results out of the few races I did, 1st Category 4 (ok so it is the lowest category in women's cycling, but a win is a win) at the Church Creek Time Trial, 1st Cat 4 at Dawg Days circuit race, and, finally, once again I managed an overall first place in a Sprint Tri.  Ok, so it was a small local sprint tri, but still, after 2 years of battling injury, it was nice to finally get another overall 1st in a Tri (last one was Dewey Beach in 2008, so it's been a while).  The course was both challenging (super hilly!) and fun.  And the cool thing was that the DC Tri Club, of which I'm still a member even though I moved to Hampton, pretty much dominated getting Overall 1st place in both the men's and women's Olympic division, and then me in the women's sprint.

As the big 4-O comes closer and closer (I just turned 39 but will race the 40-44 and overall Master's categories next year) it is good to know that it is still possible to bounce back from injury, well at least to the point where I can race again, and I haven't given up hope yet that I may still even now fully heal and be able to get faster.  As I sit here watching the Vuelta a Espana, Chris Horner is truly an inspiration, on the way to possibly winning his first-ever Grand Tour at age 42.  Just goes to show, some things do get better with age :)  Ok, so I did get my butt whooped by a bunch of 20 somethings at Patriot's Sprint Tri last weekend, but there's always next season, and maybe I really will be faster at 40...

No comments:

Post a Comment